All-In-One Headworks Solution – Grind, Screen And Compact
The Auger Monster® is a robust headworks solution which combines three of JWC’s finest technologies – a grinder, a fine screen and a compactor. It removes trash and unwanted solids so the treatment plant runs more efficiently. The Auger Monster is proven to result in cleaner, more compact discharge and lowered disposal costs, as less water and fecal material are sent to the landfill.
First a powerful Muffin Monster® or Channel Monster® grinder shreds clumps of rags, clothing and debris for enhanced processing. Next, solids are captured by a perforated screening trough and removed by a rotating auger. As solids are removed, dual wash water zones clean off fecal material. The auger then conveys solids to the discharge point where the integrated compactor squeezes out water before depositing the cleaned and dried material into a dumpster.
In-Channel screening augers are also available without a grinder for situations where there are limited rags and no large solids in the waste stream.
- All-in-One Headworks for smaller water treatment facilities
- Effectively handle debris screening for high solids facilities like prisons
- Removes fecal matter from screenings for cleaner discharge and reduced odor
- Easy installation or retrofit into existing channel inside or outdoors
- Muffin Monster or Channel Monster Grinder for enhanced solid breakdown and cleaning
- Automated PLC monitoring and control system
- Auger pivot system for easier system maintenance
- Optional cold weather system and/or discharge bagger
- Max flows up to 4 MGD (1646 m3/hr) depending on configuration
- Minimum channel width as small as 12” (305 mm) wide
- Perforation sizes of 2, 3 or 6 mm