Wouldn’t you like to be a fly on the wall as another utility makes the move from manual metering and fragmented operations to smart metering and onto a fully integrated and successful AMI? What if you could observe their initial adventures in Acoustic Leak Detection?
The journey from traditional metering to AMI is not without challenges. But a few smart choices can make all the difference between success and struggle. We’re talking about the importance of developing a step-by-step approach, choosing a good partner, and securing the right meter for the journey.
Join the team from Kamstrup and Madison County, Alabama, as they reflect on their 4-year journey together. They will discuss the choices made along the way and explore the impacts of each. Hear how their day-to-day experience has evolved, leading to success and increased control. They will share lessons learned and unpack the various stages they underwent in their transition from manual metering to smart metering and onto AMI. You will even get to see Acoustic Leak Detection (ALD) in action as Madison has recently started using this powerful technology to manage water loss. Grab a seat and a screen as we chart a roadmap for digital integration and leak detection.
Key Learning Objectives:
- The step-by-step approach followed by the utility, as shared
- Best practices for adapting operations and teams, as shared
- Key milestones for tracking success from manual to AMI and ALD
- Best practices for installation and integration
- The real-world benefits and experience of deploying acoustic leak detection
- The decisions for choosing Kamstrup
- The benefits of integrated meters and software solutions