The IFT Rotary Drum Sludge Thickener offers best in class performance for achieving 5-15% solids for municipal wastewater sludge. JWC’s Rotary Drum Thickener almost exclusively utilizes woven wire mesh screening panels for the construction of the drum. This allows for capture rates in excess of 98% and a much lower polymer use compared to systems using perforated plates or wedgewire drums. The wire mesh screening media is built into removable panels that are installed on a drum frame. This allows for a simple exchange of screening panels if they are damaged or conditions change without having to acquire a full drum.
The IFT Rotary Drum Thickener requires an incredibly short dwell time in the flocculation tank to achieve the required floc structure. This means the unit will use less polymer and require a smaller tank.
The systems is fully enclosed to collect filtrate water and easily connect to a plants odor control systems. This leads to a much cleaner and less odorous work environment when compared to other thickening technologies like belt presses.
- Lower operating costs due to fast flocculation and lower polymer use
- Control odors and excess water during sludge thickening with fully enclosed IFT
- Avoid additional capital and operational cost by pre-thickening sludge prior to centrifuge
- Woven wire mesh screening media is standard for better capture rates
- Easily replaceable screening panels for maintenance or retrofit
- Fast acting flocculation system and mixing tank
- Minimum capture rates of 98%
- 5%-3% solids thickened to 5-15% solids depending on type of sludge
- Capacity Dry Solids – WAS 270 – 1,900 lbs/hr (122-864 kg/hr)
- Capacity Dry Solids – WAS & Primary Sludge 405 – 2,850 lbs/hr (184-1293 kg/hr)