|Integrated Treatment Solutions For Water Systems|
Our passion for clean water drives our company to apply and deliver water purification technologies that improve the quality of people's lives, enhance the environment, and grow economies throughout the world. We seek to steward the knowledge, resources, and blessings we have received to serve others and our community.
|AdEdge Treatment Matrix||Fighting India’s Arsenic Problem||Water Online Radio: Troubled Water Film Brings Arsenic Removal To The Big Screen|
Recently, Rich Cavagnaro and Ronit Erlitzki, from AdEdge Water Technologies, sat down with the Water Online editorial team. The discussion ranged from ways to treat PFAS and water to sustainability to how to facilitate innovation in the water industry.
Arsenic presents a wide array of negative health impacts, which is why it is such a big concern for many municipal water systems. The contaminant is linked to multiple types of cancer — including bladder, lungs, skin, kidney, and liver, among others — and is known to cause of variety of other problems such as skin issues and intestinal issues.
Water utility managers must constantly stay on top of regulatory changes. Water plant operators currently test for more than 80 contaminants, including manganese. Manganese is regulated under secondary drinking water standards for aesthetic considerations.
The process of launching a municipal drinking water treatment operation can take years. In the end, a community is left with a complex system, an operations and maintenance manual, and a well-trained staff. Many communities are extremely well versed in the functions and operation of their treatment for the specific parameters for which it was built. However, as time goes on, plant managers and operators increasingly have a need for outside assistance.
Conventional nitrate treatment equipment tends to generate a waste-handling issue that can be a challenge to many utilities. The emergence of innovative technologies in drinking water treatment has led to more sustainable approaches for the reduction of nitrate.
Removing arsenic from source water can be an expensive and tedious process. Anion exchange treatment technologies, for example, produce a brine/contaminant discharge, while reverse osmosis solutions generate a concentrated arsenic reject. By comparison, the only cost of a properly designed iron-based adsorption system is periodic media changeout.
For water utilities facing various water contamination issues, there is no single catch-all treatment. That is why in this recent Water Talk interview Ronit Erlitzki and Doug Craver of AdEdge Water Technologies share treatment options that can be used alone or in combination to address diverse challenges. They introduce a new reverse osmosis (RO) treatment technique capable of raising recovery rates by 20 percent and reducing concentrate volume up to 70 percent vs. conventional RO (depending on water quality). They also explore biological processes for removing nitrate, VOC, ammonia, etc. and treating high brine concentrations in wastewater, plus techniques for resolving ammonia problems in water with high TOC concentrations.
ABOUT ADEDGE TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered just north of Atlanta, Georgia, USA, AdEdge Water Technologies specializes in the development and supply of innovative technologies, adsorbent-based products, and systems that remove contaminants from process or aqueous steams. AdEdge offers a full range of conventional and innovative treatment technologies including adsorption, coagulation/filtration, ion exchange, metals precipitation, advanced oxidation, and membrane based solutions.
Our technology and products enable our customers to manage the elements...in a variety of industries...with outstanding results. They include; drinking water, industrial process, environmental, chemical, energy, medical, and general waste water industries. AdEdge has extensive experience in the removal of arsenic, iron, manganese, fluoride and uranium from water, and to date has installed hundreds of water systems for public, municipal, and industrial clients throughout North America as well as some projects in some of the most challenging locations in the world including China and Indonesia.
To date, AdEdge has been awarded 12 EPA arsenic removal demonstration projects...more than any other company in North America. We have also successfully implemented systems that serve larger communities, providing a low cost, low maintenance solution providing long term ROI with assured safe , drinking water and no hazardous or environmental waste residuals.
- Video: AdEdge APU Systems
- Video: AdEdge Arsenic Removal Treatment System - Customer Testimonial, Anthony, NM
- Video: Iron & Manganese Removal Case Study, Village Of Corona, NM
- Video: Iron & Manganese Removal By AdEdge Technologies
Case Studies / Project Profiles
- Mine Your Business: Arsenic Removal System Strikes Gold
- Packaged Nitrate Removal System Case Study
- Case Study: Gore Hill Water Treatment Plant’s Backwash Recycle System Conserves More Than 1.5 Million Gallons Of Water Annually
- Case Study: EPA Arsenic Treatment Demonstration Rimrock, Arizona
- Case Study: EPA Arsenic Treatment Demonstration Rollinsford, New Hampshire
- Case Study: Arsenic Treatment-Michigan
- Case Study: New River Elementary – Arsenic Treatment Phoenix, Arizona
- Case Study: World War II Memorial Project Groundwater Treatment System Washington, DC
- Case Study: AD26 System Performance – Iron / Manganese Confidential Client - California
- Case Study: Confidential Client Environmental Remediation Project Delray Beach, Florida
- Case Study: Arsenic, Iron, Manganese Treatment System
- Case Study: Arsenic, Iron, Sulfide Treatment System
- Case Study: U.S. EPA Arsenic Demonstration Project Springfield, Ohio — Chateau Estates Arsenic and Iron Treatment System
- Project Profile: Westview Elementary And High Schools Topeka, Indiana Arsenic Treatment Systems
- Project Profile: Technical Vocational Institute Albuquerque, New Mexico Arsenic Treatment System
- Project Profile: USEPA Arsenic Demonstration Project Springfield, Ohio – Chateau Estates Arsenic and Iron Treatment System
- Project Profile: World War II Memorial Project Groundwater Treatment System Washington, DC
- Project Profile: Yucca Mountain Project, Nevada Arsenic Treatment System
- Project Profile: City of Wellman, Texas Arsenic Treatment System
- Project Profile: USEPA Arsenic Demonstration Project Stewart, Minnesota Arsenic and Iron Treatment System
- Project Profile: Arsenic Treatment-Michigan
- Project Profile: Webb Consolidated Independent School Bruni, Texas Arsenic Treatment System
- Project Profile: Arsenic Treatment Project Black Canyon City, Arizona
- Project Profile: Uranium Treatment System Barona Resort And Casino -- California
- Project Profile: 750 GPM Iron & Manganese System, Meadow Lake MHC
- Project Profile: Spring Canyon Ranch Quemado, New Mexico
- Project Profile: Ramah Pine Hill Water System Ramah, New Mexico
- Project Profile: Meadow Lake MHC White Lake, MI 750 GPM Iron & Manganese System
- Project Profile: Lakeview Estates Community Durand, MI AD26 Arsenic, Iron & Manganese System
- Project Profile: Highland Hills MHC Highland, MI 450 GPM AD26 Arsenic, Iron System
- Project Profile: Geneseo Hills EPA Demonstration Project - Arsenic Removal Geneseo, IL
- Project Profile: Uranium Treatment System Barona Resort and Casino - California
- Project Profile: Uranium Treatment System - Middletown Springs Elementary School, Vermont
- Project Profile: Arsenic Treatment System - Quail Ridge, Prescott, AZ
- Project Profile: Arsenic Treatment System - Red Mesa Unified School, Navajo Nation
- Project Profile: Iron and Manganese Treatment System - Stewart County Water Project, Louvale, Georgia
- Project Profile: AD26 Arsenic, Iron & Manganese System - Palmquist, Bois Forte, Minnesota
- Project Profile: Iron And Manganese Reduction, Village Of Corona, NM
- Project Profile: City Of Aurora, Oregon