Expert panel will also feature American Water President and CEO, Susan Story
Stan Meiburg, Acting Deputy Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will deliver the keynote address at the Water Leaders Session - “The Impact of Leadership: Culture, Communication, and Community in Great Water Cities.” The session is part of an exciting line-up of Monday morning programming for WEFTEC 2015—the Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) 88th annual technical exhibition and conference.
Utilities of all sizes are faced with rapidly changing pressures and challenges to maintaining uninterrupted, high-quality water and wastewater services. Strong leadership is needed to plan, adapt, and quickly respond. Over the past few years, WEF has tapped into the valuable knowledge and experiences of leaders from the world’s Great Water Cities to provide a series of “lessons-learned” dialogues to help communities improve resilience, livability, and economic vitality.
This latest offering will feature a diverse panel of experts who are driving transformational shifts in water management -- effectively changing the cultural view of water and improving public communication and engagement for a more resilient and productive future.
- Stan Meiburg, Acting Deputy Administrator, U.S. EPA (Keynote Speaker)
- David St. Pierre, Executive Director, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago(Moderator)
- Felicia Marcus, Chair, State Water Resources Control Board, State of California
- Tony Parrott, Executive Director, Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District
- Lars Schroeder, CEO, Aarhus Water Ltd.
- Susan Story, President and CEO, American Water
- Monday, September 28, 2015
- 10:00 am – 11:45 a.m. – NEW TIME!
- WEFTEC 2015, McCormick Place
- Room S100, Grand Ballroom
- 2301 S Martin Luther King Dr., Chicago, IL 60616
**BADGES NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND**
**LIVESTREAM available at www.weftec.org**
No matter where you live or what part of the water sector you represent, water unites us all. Register today (http://www.weftec.org/registration/default.aspx) and be a part of One World. One Water. One Event.
Complimentary registration for WEFTEC 2015 is available for credentialed media representatives. Click here (http://www.weftec.org/press_room/page.aspx?id=63) for complete details.
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of 36,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. Since 1928, WEF and its members have protected public health and the environment. As a global water sector leader, our mission is to connect water professionals; enrich the expertise of water professionals; increase the awareness of the impact and value of water; and provide a platform for water sector innovation.