The STRAINPRESS® is a horizontal pipe-shaped coarse material separator which consists of inlet and driving zone, screening and press zone and finally a discharge section with a conical pressure regulating device. The coarse material is separated continuously under pressure and periodical cleaning of the screening zone by backwashing is not required.
Advantages of SP4 Strainpress – Inline Sludge Screen
- It is the ideal completion of waste water screening with big bar spacings, non-retained solids are removed from the sludge.
- No second pump is required for the screened sludge owing to the closed and compact in-line system.
- The STRAINPRESS®-system can be integrated in a closed pipeline system.
- Continuous coarse material separation under pressure with a loss of pressure between 0.4 and 0.6 bar
- Screening, dewatering and transport of the coarse material in one operation.
- Washing off sludge or backwashing is not necessary.
- The horizontally moveable screw can be re-adjusted toensure continuously perfect screen cleaning.
- Fully-automatic continuous or intermittent operation.
- Little space required, easy subsequent installation into the pipeline.
- Insensitive to varying feed volumes or coarse material structures
- The automatic pressure requlating conus ensures uniform dewatering even with strongly varying coarse material quality and concentration.
- When handling sludges with heavily varying DS and coarse material content, the pressing screw starts to work in dependence of the operating pressure (filter cake resistance).