By Daniel Theobald, "Wastewater Dan"
With almost 30,000 total views in 2017, the “Math Solutions” series of tutorial videos from wastewater consultant and trainer Dan Theobald ("Wastewater Dan") has offered plenty of guidance to treatment plant operators. Here are the lessons that drew the most attention.
Math computations on your certification examinations or operations of your plant may need distinct calculation types — e.g., conversion, flow, poundage, pump efficiency, volume, and more. Depending on your demanded math solutions pertaining to obligatory judgments as a facility designer, regulator, educator, or operator, calculations and units of expression require explicit formulas.
While there were an entirety of 29,178 views in 2017 of my published Wastewater Math Solution Step-by-Step Procedure Calculation Videos, the 10 most popular videos accounted for 11,015 views. These 10 videos encompass calculations for pipe volume, sludge age, total dynamic head, mixed liquor suspended solids, and more. See the list and discover the solutions below.
10. Calculate mg/L Mixed Liquor Volatile Suspended Solids (MLVSS) (698 Views):
9. Calculate Pressure (psi) In Bottom Of Tank (735 Views):
8. Calculate Mean Cell Residence Time (MCRT) (844 Views):
7. Calculate Brake Horsepower (906 Views):
6. Calculate mg/L Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids (MLSS) Desired In Aeration (906 Views):
5. Calculate Discharge Head Pressure (951 Views):
4. Calculate Suction Lift Pressure (1,050 Views):
3. Calculate Sludge Age (1,072 Views):
2. Calculate Pipe Volume In Gallons (1,243 Views):
1. Calculate Total Dynamic Head (TDH) In Pressure-Ft. (2,610 Views):
If you have a specific wastewater math inquiry, please submit the question.
About Dan Theobald:
Known in the industry as “Wastewater Dan”, Daniel L. Theobald, proprietor of Environmental Services (TheWastewaterWizard.com), is a professional wastewater and safety consultant/trainer. He has more than 24 years of hands-on industry experience operating many variants of wastewater treatment processing units and is eager to share with others his knowledge about water conservation.
Theobald serves as an active consultant for industries looking to achieve and maintain improved wastewater treatment at reduced cost. He is a member of Water Onlines’ Water Intelligence Panel, a Lifetime Member of the Who’s Who Registry of Professionals, and holds numerous certifications from wastewater management regulatory boards and professional organizations. Theobald contributed one chapter to the Water Environment Federation’s (www.wef.org) Manual of Practice # 37 (MOP-37), a technical manual resource guide for biological nutrient removal, published in 2013.