Customer-Focused Event Will Offer Live and On Demand Content, Featuring Industry Leaders
Liberty Lake, WA - Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITRI), which is innovating the way utilities and cities manage energy and water, announced the lineup for Itron Utility Week 2020 including on demand content and keynotes, panels and sessions featuring industry leaders. For 2020, Itron Utility Week will be offered virtually and at no charge and will provide valuable insights from across the smart city and utility space.
Itron Utility Week, which will be held online Oct. 27-29, will feature breakout sessions led by industry peers and access to Itron’s first virtual Knowledge Center, which showcases Itron’s comprehensive solutions and partner offerings. The event will also feature thought-provoking keynotes, engaging panels and a big picture session. To access a full list of all sessions, including keynotes and breakout sessions, click here.
Keynotes & General Sessions
- Opening Keynote: Paula Gold-Williams, president and CEO of CPS Energy, will present her keynote and then join Tom Deitrich, Itron’s president and CEO, for a fireside chat on innovation and community partnership during the opening keynote. At the end this keynote session, Frost & Sullivan will announce the winners of this year’s Excellence in Resourcefulness Awards.
- Women in Utilities Panel: Kimberly Britton, CEO of EPIcenter, will moderate a discussion on leading during crisis, working from home and managing competing demands. Speakers will include Heather Rosentrater, senior vice president of Energy Delivery and Shared Services at Avista Utilities; Marcy Reed, president of National Grid; and Commissioner Sadzi Oliva, Illinois Commerce Commission.
- Innovation for All Keynote: Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work, will share how game-changing ideas can come from anywhere and anyone with an Innovation by All culture, which maximizes human potential by tapping into the intelligence, skills and passion of everyone in an organization.
- Big Picture Session: During this Big Picture Session, a panel of city, utility and industry experts will discuss the role of smart infrastructure in creating agile communities that can adapt to rapidly evolving situations in real time. The panel will be moderated by Jason Anderson, president and CEO of Cleantech San Diego and panelists include Brian Dillard, chief innovation officer for the City of San Antonio and John Rossant, founder & chairman of NewCities Foundation; Matt Petersen, president and CEO of LACI.
- Innovation Closing Keynote: John Marcolini, senior vice president of Networked Solutions at Itron, will present the winner of the second annual Itron Innovator Award. Then Nicola Palmer, chief product development officer at Verizon, will share her thoughts on how the culmination of advanced wireless networks will create a better tomorrow through technology and mobility innovation. Wrapping up the conference, Marina Donovan, vice president of global marketing, will announce the location for IUW 2021.
On Demand Sessions will be made available on Oct. 27, and attendees can watch at any time during the conference. Sessions will include:
- Expect the Unexpected: Lessons in Innovation & Continuity: Join Advisory Board Chair Joe Thomas from Duke Energy and Mark de Vere White from Itron for a quick conversation as they discuss the findings of our eBook, “Expect the Unexpected: 2020’s Lessons for Innovation and Continuity,” as well as how the lessons learned from COVID-19 and adapting to the “new normal” are influencing Duke Energy’s customer interactions today and tomorrow.
- Enabling Industry Transformation: Join Itron’s Justin Patrick, senior vice president of Device Solutions; John Marcolini, senior vice president of Networked Solutions; and Don Reeves, senior vice president of Outcomes, for a discussion on the factors driving change in the industry. They’ll discuss the challenges and opportunities ahead and will address safety, consumer engagement and operational excellence—and share how Itron’s solutions platform can help utilities and cities reduce risk, increase revenue and reduce costs as they navigate our industry’s transformation.
Breakout Sessions will take place each day of the conference following the general session. Click here for a detailed schedule of breakout sessions in the following tracks:
- Application, Outcomes & Services: Discover how applications, outcomes and services empower customers through insight and action to achieve value-based results while transforming communities and businesses.
- Data Management: With data from millions of meters being managed by Itron software, this track highlights the Itron solutions that enable you to make the most of massive amounts of data.
- Mobile & Measurement Solutions: Learn how Itron is meeting the ever-changing demands of the world's energy and water distribution systems with advanced measurement and sensor products, regulators, systems and services.
- Multi-Purpose Network Solutions: As the operational landscape of critical infrastructure providers continues to evolve, it is becoming clear that utilities and cities must seek new ways to manage resources more effectively.
Recordings of all Itron Utility Week keynotes and breakout sessions will be available at www.itron.com/iuw for four weeks following the conclusion of the live conference.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure solutions to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® is a registered trademark of Itron, Inc. All third-party trademarks are property of their respective owners and any usage herein does not suggest or imply any relationship between Itron and the third party unless expressly stated.