Source: Plas-Tanks Industries, Inc.
DON'T SETTLE FOR METAL!
- No rust or need for painting or reclading
- Fewer problems relative to heat, stress, conductivity, and climatic conditions
- Superior corrosion resistance in many applications versus rubber lined and bare metal
- Half the price of stainless steel, yet up to 5-10 times longer lasting in very corrosive environments
- Lightweight – 2/3 the weight of aluminum, ¼ the weight of steel – therefore, easier to handle
- Recent resin improvements relative to heat, impact, and crack resistance are encouraging extensive use of FRP versus metal by major companies
- More skid (slip) resistant than metal
- Significant design freedom
- Non-conductive (prevents shorting out electrical equipment)
- Can also be ignition resistant with addition of brominated materials
- Good insulating material with reasonable thermal expansion properties
- Can be efficiently heat traced from bottom of tank (Plasta-Therm®)
- Properly formulated, FRP complies with FDA 177.2420
- No flammability concerns/hassles with welding
- Does not leave trace metal contamination in antiperspirants, shampoos, etc...
- Adhesive strength and elongation of resins can help absorb equipment vibration