Waterborne microorganisms can affect the flavor, color, odor, and shelf life of soft drinks, bottled water and a wide variety of food products. It is critical that product or process water is wholesome and free from contamination by pathogens and spoilage organisms.
ETS-UV™ disinfection systems allow manufacturers to gain complete control over these potential contaminants. Such control reduces the risk of costly production downtime, product recall, spoilage, damage to brand equity, or even fatality.
ETS-UV disinfection systems eliminate all types of waterborne microorganisms including bacteria, molds, yeasts and algae. With a number of “emerging” pathogens now displaying increased tolerance to chlorine disinfection, Listeria Monocytogenes for example, UV is now used for disinfection in preference to conventional chemical methods. A number of ETS-UV systems have demonstrated FDA regulatory compliance as a less costly alternative to the conventional pasteurization process in the dairy industry. In addition, heat resistant mold (HRM) is now being disinfected using ETS-UV thin film technology systems.
A typical application for UV is post carbon filter disinfection, as carbon filters are known as a breeding ground for undesirable microorganisms. Several food and beverage processors are even eliminating carbon filtration entirely by using UV to remove chlorine.
Our leading UV technology is used by many global food and beverage brands to reduce the risk of product rejection and increase shelf life. Full traceability is provided by ETS-UV state-of-art Spectra controllers.
Performance & Design Advantage
- Validated Performance - Validated by an independent 3rd party for performance to USEPA UVDGM and NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for process water
- PMO Approved - Systems meet all the requirements in the Grade A Pasteurized Milk Ordinance 2015 (Page 182+) Read more
- Automatic Wiper - Wipers keep the optical path free from fouling lamps
- Superior Design - Chambers are designed using emulation models to achieve the lowest head loss
- Quality Materials - Chambers are constructed of material that will withstand the powerful effects of the UV process and will not produce harmful carcinogenic byproducts
- Data Logging & Reporting - Built in data collection and reporting that is compliant with PMO guidelines
- Energy Efficient - Variable power delivers dose with precision
- Flexible Design - Systems can be installed directly into existing pipework vertically or horizontally
Maintenance & Operational Advantage
- Quick Replacement - Wiper rings can be replaced without removing wiping carriage from chamber
- Small Maintenance Space Required - Single sided access for lamp replacement
- Safety - Plug and play connections, lamps utilize a twist lock plug connection that automatically centers the lamp, UV light and electricity are isolated with a water tight connection
Click here to learn more or connect with a product specialist