The Model RC is an actuator that OPENS AND CLOSES the valve on compressed gas cylinders such as chlorine, sulfur dioxide, and ammonia cylinders and containers.
The actuator is battery-operated with an electric motor that rotates the valve stem toward open or closed position for alignment, tests, and remote operation. The actuator is designed to mount without interfering with cylinder mounted hardware such as chlorinators, regulators etc. No yoke modifications or additional adaptors are required. The motor, gears, and controls are assembled as one unit.
- Battery operated with automatic charger
- NO large signal cables and can be radio operated
- Remote control by leak detector, panic button, or other digital signals such as PLC or computer
- Easily attaches to valve
- Can be used on chlorine and sulfur dioxide 150# cylinders or ton containers
- Can be part of an automatic changeover system to permit only one container in service at a time
- Eliminates the need for scrubbers in certain applications per the Uniform Fire Code
The system includes a remote power supply enclosure for trickle charge of the SLA battery. Engaging the actuator is accomplished by tilting the actuator, resting actuator on valve and repositioning to the same plane as the valve stem. Monitor and controls are accomplished with a microprocessor and integral LED lights for CLOSED, ALIGN, and OPEN. Setup is accomplished through an integral keypad. Valve position is transmitted to the microprocessor from a direct-coupled potentiometer.