The Warsaw Water Filters in Poland, also known as Lindley’s Filters, were built in 1883 - 1886 by William Lindley, an English engineer who together with his sons designed water and sewerage systems for over 30 cities across Europe. Lindley’s Filters are listed as one of Poland’s national historic monuments. Today they are the oldest water filter station in Warsaw, delivering 50% of the clean water for Warsaw. The station has been modernized repeatedly.
But the customer decided to modernize the rapid filter and control system. The biggest challenge was that because the pumping station is a historic building, the construction could not be changed.