The MEMCOR® MemPulse MBR enables municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plant owners and operators to achieve superior effluent quality with up to 60% reduction footprint when compared to conventional activated sludge plants and at a lower total cost of ownership than competitive MBR processes. MemPulse MBR incorporates an aeration device that reduces energy consumption by up to 60% and a modular rack design that saves 30% on the footprint for the membrane operating system.
Click here to learn more or connect with a product specialist
The MemPulse MBR System combines a compact modular rack design with and the B40N membrane to deliver greater filtration performance with reduced aeration flow time. Each MBR module is fixed on a rack and secured into the sides of the cell wall. The mixed liquor is fed into the bottom of the fiber bundles with the air. The filtrate pump draws the water through the fiber wall thus filtering the water from the solids and the filtrate is pumped away for use elsewhere.
The Evoqua MBR System uniquely uses pulsed, plug flow aeration to greatly increase process efficiency and reduce energy usage. A continuous air flow is evenly distributed to each MemPulse device located directly at the base of each MBR module. The MemPulse MBR system randomly introduces air at the base of the membrane module in the form of large bubbles or slugs that increase in size as they move up the membrane fibers. The size and the random nature of the large slugs of air prevent trash and solids build up by pushing debris away from the membrane fibers at the surface. The MemPulse System increases productivity and reduces energy consumption by up to 0.08 kWh/m³.
Features & Benefits Unique to MemPulse® MBR
- Reduction in air scour energy by 30 to 60 percent as compared to conventional aeration
- Flexible modular rack design – fits most tank arrangements
- Efficient pulsed, plug flow aeration maximizes shear and prevents channeling and solids build-up
- Reduction of operation and maintenance costs with no moving parts in the aeration process
- Increased effluent quality in a smaller footprint, up to 60%
- Expert process support for design and integration