The Aqua Caiman® represents the next generation of articulating rake screen. In designing the screen, Parkson combined over 40 years of experience working on thousands of in-channel screen installations with in-depth market and engineering research. This allowed us to better understand the weaknesses of existing multi-rake and articulating rake screens. Our engineers put design expertise into components where strength matters the most — frame, bars and chain. They also provided a smart design to reduce manufacturing costs. The result is the most competitively priced articulating rake screen that provides unmatched durability, ease of operation and protection of downstream process equipment.
The system consists of a series of rakes attached to chain links which have a unique geometry and produce a flexible belt assembly. This flexible assembly not only allows the rakes to handle large solids with ease, but also eliminates the need for a bearing in the bottom of the treatment channel.
The Aqua Caiman has optimized the bar shape, providing increased cross support and frame strength while reducing headloss across the screen. The True-Track® chain positioner allows for in-place chain positioning once the unit is placed by the contractor and eliminates need for a hoist throughout the entire life of the screen. This increases operational safety while easing maintenance.
The patent pending True-Engage® bar fastening system enhances the heart of the screen - the teardrop shaped bars. This system allows the bars to be fully cleaned by 100% rake penetration and they are easily replaced in the rare occurrence they become damaged.
The Aqua Caiman can be used in conjunction with Parkson's conveyors or wash compactors to complete the screening system. By providing single source responsibility, Parkson helps streamline communication and saves valuable time and resources while ensuring the highest quality and standards. Additionally, product support is entirely sourced in the USA — from engineering to manufacturing, field service and spare parts warehousing.
Features & Benefits
- True-Track® chain positioner eliminates need for hoist to fine-tune rake engagement
- Patent pending True-Engage® bar fastening design allows for true 100% rake engagement and ease of individual bar replacement
- Teardrop shaped bars provide low headloss and high strength
- Screen toe design allows for quick bar replacement and low headloss
- Full covers for odor control
- Complete screening system provided when used in conjunction with Parkson's conveyors and washer compactor
- Designed to fit your application:
- 312 height variations
- 10 bar rack height variations
- 34 discharge height variations
- Coarse and fine bar spacing
- 304 or 316 stainless steel
- 5 installation angles: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80