SPI Mag™ Insertion Flow MeterSource: McCrometer, Inc.
The SPI Mag Insertion Flow Meter provides a highly cost-effective solution for the accurate measurement of liquid flow in closed conduit, pressurized pipe applications.
The SPI Mag Insertion Flow Meter provides a highly cost-effective solution for the accurate measurement of liquid flow in closed conduit, pressurized pipe applications. Unlike conventional magnetic meters, the SPI Mag’s cost is independent of pipe size. Velocity and pipe diameter information are utilized by the SPI Mag to determine flow over wide flow ranges with a high degree of accuracy.
The SPI Mag reliably measures flow in water and wastewater as well as any type of industrial flow processes involving conductive fluids such as potable water, slurries, sludge, cooling water, and pulp stock.
Key features include:
- Supports pressurized line sizes from 2 to 96 inches (5 to 244 cm)
- Accuracy: ±2% of reading ±0.03 ft/s (± 0.009 m/s) stability from +0.3 to +20 ft/s (+0.09 to +6 m/s) velocity range
- Wide velocity range: +0.03 to +30 ft/s (+0.09 to +9 m/s)
- 4-20 mA output signal
- Proven electromagnetic technology based on Faraday’s Law
- Debris shedding, self cleaning sensor eliminates costly maintenance
- Cost is independent of pipe size.
- Easy installation/no interruption of flow process