Revolutionizing water treatment: generating chemistry on site, on demand
MIOX designs and manufactures systems that provide on-demand disinfection chemistry, eliminating the need to transport hazardous chemicals and reducing carbon footprint. MIOX systems are used in multiple applications through a wide range of products, cost-effectively producing disinfection chemistry from 0.5 to 2,000 pounds per day FAC (free available chlorine). With this flexibility, the applications range from large industrial cooling towers and water and wastewater treatment plants to smaller swimming pool and clean-in-place applications.
A culture of innovation
MIOX technology was developed decades ago under a government contract to create a portable water disinfection unit for use in any remote location that could achieve purification standards of Type II, highly contaminated water as defined by EPA. The result? MIOX mixed oxidant solution.
Over the years, our world-class scientific team has worked with numerous agencies, including the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the World Health Organization (WHO) and other internationally-recognized scientific institutions and universities.
Individual treatment for individual needs
We know all treatment needs are not alike. For standard disinfection needs, we offer a state-of-the-art on-site hypochlorite generator engineered with superior salt and energy efficiencies. For more advanced treatment needs, MIOX mixed oxidant solutions offers all the disinfection power of hypochlorite with additional treatment benefits including biofilm removal, disinfection by-product (DBP) reduction, improved taste and odor, and improved water clarification processes. With mixed oxidant technology, you'll maintain more persistent and consistent chlorine residuals with lower doses.
People are talking
MIOX received the prestigious President's "E" Award for Excellence in Exporting, the Popular Science Best of What's New Grand Award for Innovation, and is a GoingGreen Top 100 company. And Motley Fool reported that "…MIOX isn't just a company to invest in; it's one to root for."
But don’t just take our word for it, read what our customers have to say.
- MIOX | Water and Wastewater Treatment WATCH IT
- MIOX | The Electrolysis Process | How It Works WATCH IT
- Flowback Water Recycling WATCH IT
- Replacing Chlorine Gas for Drinking Water Disinfection | Customer Testimonial WATCH IT
- MIOX | On-Site Chemical Generation Technology WATCH IT
- Drinking Water Treatment | MIOX | Reduce Disinfection Byproducts WATCH IT
- On-Site Generation | Virtual Tour of MIOX On-Site Chemical Generators | OSGs 101 WATCH IT
- MIOX Biofilm Removal | Water Treatment Technology WATCH IT
- Preventing Cholera Outbreak in Haiti WATCH IT
- MIOX Blackwater Produced Water Treatment | Oil and Gas Water Treatment WATCH IT