SeptiTech® STAAR™ Filter SystemSource: Bio-Microbics, Inc.
SeptiTech® STAAR™ Filter System are designed for residential and commercial strength wastewater. Finding the right Trickling Filter System for your project can be as simple as knowing the residential flow from the source of the wastewater.
SeptiTech Advantages and Performance
SeptiTech® STAAR™ (Smart Trickling Anaerobic/Aerobic Recirculation) Filter Systems are designed for residential and commercial strength wastewater. The simple, automatic and reliable equalization and clarification process of the SeptiTech® STAAR™ Filter Systems treat high organic loads that integrate with other technologies and accessories.
The biological trickling filter technology also maintains low levels of Nitrate-N with all below-grade components that fit in readily available concrete, plastic or fiberglass tanks. The “Smart” controller of the residential STAAR™ filter system recognizes situations dealing with peak, low, intermittent or no flow conditions. SeptiTech’s “Smart” technology allows the system to go into a sleep mode that will dial down activity and eventually shut all power off until normal flow conditions are detected. This allows the STAAR™ system to achieve lower operating costs and power requirements. Additional features are also available to further enhance quality and dependability.
Treats from 100 gpd to 150,000+ gpd with all below-grade components that fit in readily-available concrete, plastic, or fiberglass tanks, it’s just plain smart for on-site, subsurface discharge and other residential and commercial wastewater treatment applications.
- Simple, automatic, reliable equalization and clarification process
- Treats high organic loads
- Operating flexibility and Control that integrates with other technologies
- Low operating cost with relatively low power requirements
- Dual purpose recirculation pump sprays media & draws in air with Venturis
- Return Pump recycles Nitrified wastewater to anoxic zone
- All below grade components with small footprint (ex. 90,000gpd can fit 1/3 acre)
- Discharge pump discharges to disposal field(s) up to 24 times a day
Finding the right size… Designing Your STAAR™ Filter System
Utilizing an enhanced, biological, unsaturated media filter process, the SeptiTech® STAAR™ System is ETV-EPA verified and NSF/ANSI Standard 40/245 certified. With a UV disinfection system and a low-impact technology, the patented SeptiTech® STAAR™ filter systems are designed for direct discharge or water reuse in mind. We keep in mind the following for sizing your system:
- Local Regulatory Guidelines
- Effluent Requirements
- Number of Bedrooms/Persons of occupancy