Brochure: Ovivo Cleartec® SystemSource: Ovivo
Key features & benefits
- Increased BNR (Biological Nutrient Removal)
- Improved SRT (Solids Retention Time) with reduced solids flow to clarifiers
- Modular design for simple installation, expansion and upgrades
- No media loss or migration
- Aerated using ultra fine bubble diffusers
IFAS (Integrated Film Activated Sludge) is an economical solution for the upgrade and expansion of existing activated sludge systems. IFAS is particularly suitable to plants where additional aeration basins cannot be accommodated. IFAS is a hybrid treatment approach that combines attached biological growth with suspended biological growth. A high surface area, solid support media is immersed into a basin with suspended biological growth. The media then provides a surface for the growth of additional attached biomass. This combination of attached and suspended biological growth efficiently increases the biomass in a given system.
Benefits of an IFAS upgrade:
- Allows for significant expansion with little or no additional aerobic volume
- Increased Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR)
- Improved solids settling
- Greater resistance to hydraulic solids washout
- Increased resilience to shock loading
- Reduced solids flow to clarifiers, increasing clarifier capacity
IFAS is a well-established technology, and has been applied as an effective wastewater treatment process for over sixty years.