The AFLX can be applied as any of the following: Sewage pumps in combination with screens, active sludge pumps, combined sewage and surface water pumps, storm water pumps for storm protection, industrial raw water and for a multitude of other applications.
- Premium efficiency IE3 motors in accordance with NEMA and IEC 60034-30. Testing in accordance with IEC 60034-2-1.
- Premium efficiency motors designed for VFD operation in accordance with IEC/TS 60034-25 A (Upeak< 1300 V).
- The water-tight fully flood-proof motor and the pump section form a compact and robust unit, easy to clean and easy to service.
- Optimum motor cooling by directing the medium being pumped over the motor.
- Water pressure sealed connection chamber, with two stage cable entry, protected against excessive cable tension and bending.
- Bimetallic thermal sensors in the stator which open at 140 °C (284°F).
- Rotor and shaft dynamically balanced.
- Upper and lower bearings lubricated-for-life, maintenance-free.
- Insulated upper bearing for VFD operation.
- Triple shaft sealing.
- Double mechanical seals, silicon carbide/silicon carbide at the medium side. Carbon/chrome steel at the motor side. All seals are independent of rotation direction and resistant to temperature shock.
- Inspection chamber with sensor for moisture protection to indicate water leakage through mechanical seal.
- Gearbox available from 400 kW (536 hp) for AFLX 1203.
- Hydraulics with mixed flow impeller. Hydraulics with diffuser and adjustable wear gap at the suction side.