The Ultrascreen disk filter is compact and modular, with “plug n play” ease, reducing construction footprint and providing quick and easy startup. Its high hydraulic loading capacity and in-service backwash feature (no need to provide additional units to handle flow during backwash) means the Ultrascreen disk filter requires fewer units to treat design flows, lowering construction costs. The compact design and fewer required units also make it ideal for adding to existing plants facing more stringent discharge requirements.
- Validated under California Title 22 protocols up to 16 gpm/ft2, the highest disk filter flux rate in the industry
- Easily handles TSS spikes up to 150 mg/L without clogging, compared to 50 to 70 mg/L of other disk filter systems
- Unique backwash while in operation reduces number of units required and levels out flow to disinfection units, enhancing disinfection efficiency
- Compact and modular “plug n play” set up for quick start up and lower construction costs
- Lowest operational costs in class with durable, stainless steel mesh filter sections
- Ease of maintenance by design with aboveground installation, sectional mesh screens for easy cleaning and replacement, easy access requiring no special tools