Hydra-Stop’s product development team has created a state-of-the-art set of valve insertion installation tools, which can decrease installation times by as much as 25% and greatly increase operator safety.
The Hydra-Q.I.K - Quick Install Kit adds or replaces several components of Insta-Valve installation equipment.
Here is a short review of the new toolset:
- Rising Stem OS&Y Assembly. The Rising Stem OS&Y assembly allows for the feed screw to be operated from the top of the tapping machine rather than the top of the Hydra-Tapper machine.
- 8” and 12” Pressure Test plugs. The new pressure test plugs eliminate the need to use the test flange and require just four hand tightened bolts to install. The new pressure test plugs will significantly decrease pressure testing time.
- Hand Drill Equalizer. The hand drill equalizer will expedite the pressure testing process and allows for quick and safe equalization during valve insertion. Equalize with water using the drill operated pump, and a 5-gallon bucket with an installed bulkhead valve.
- 4" - 8” Insertion Spacer - Save 124 feed screw turns during 4-8” valve installation.
The Hydra-Q.I.K. also includes:
- Drive motor restraint – removes pressure from drive motor and transfers to guide plates.
- Dual lifting magnets – to assist in lifting 10, 12 and 16” valve bonnets.
- 12” Temporary Gate Valve Lifting Assist - easily attaches to your 12” gate valve and allows for safe lifting.
- Guide Plate with Handles - Handles assist in lifting the insertion tool after valve insertion.
- Spray-on lubricant - quickly lubricate components with a food grade, aerosol spray. No more grease covered hands!
The Hydra-Q.I.K. safety and time saving features will change the way your crews install Insta-Valves. Remember – time is money and the Hydra-Q.I.K will help you save both.
For additional information about the Hydra-Q.I.K. Quick Install Kit, visit us online at www.hydra-stop.com or call (800) 538-7867.
Hydra-Stop, based in Burr Ridge, IL, is the largest insertion valve and line stop fitting manufacturer in the world. For over 35 years, Hydra-Stop has provided solutions for water control to thousands of municipalities and contractors around the world. Hydra-Stop assists municipalities, water utilities, contractors and engineers manage and maintain aging water systems while minimizing the disruption of the most basic human need… water.
To learn more about Hydra-Stop, visit hydra-stop.com. To get latest news and videos, connect with Hydra-Stop on Linked In and YouTube.