Aclara’s through-the-lid antenna adds a remote antenna capability to your MTU install options. With a high-performing, 450-470 MHz antenna mounted on top of a metal lid (meter pit, vault, etc.) and a signal cable passing through the lid to the MTU mounted below, RF propagation is no longer a concern when a metal lid cannot be replaced. A variety of mounting brackets gives you flexibility as to where to mount the MTU below the lid. Multiple bracket styles mount on the antenna stem and are held in place by the antenna nut to let the MTU be mounted to the lid as a single package.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Gives ultimate flexibility in MTU deployment
- Installs easily through an industry-standard 1 ¾” hole in the lid
- Integrates seamlessly to the RF network
- Provides the highest read rates in the industry
- Allows reuse of current metal lids
- Complies with Americans with Disabilities Act requirements