Fortrans offers new innovative technology for wastewater aeration and other applications requiring a non-fouling method of mixing and infusing gases with water. Our patent pending Dif-Jet™ technology is versatile and scalable to meet the needs of municipal and industrial wastewater treatment operators. Fortrans technology is deliberately affordable and simple to install and use. Innovations such as Fortrans systems that lower pH with carbon dioxide while simultaneously increasing dissolved oxygen levels are available now.
Fortrans offers other innovative and useful products for wastewater treatment that can solve common problems with sludge and spills quickly and easily.
Dif-Jet™ Aerators and Aeration Systems
Aeration is the heart of most industrial and municipal wastewater treatment and we have a new, cutting-edge solution. Dif-Jet™ aerators are more efficient, non-fouling and are suitable for most any application requiring mixing of air or oxygen into water.
Applications: wastewater – aquaculture – hydroponics – aquaponics – ozone – deoxygenation
PATENT PENDING Dif-Jet™ Aerators and Aeration Systems
Fortrans, Inc.® is pleased to offer Dif-Jet™ Aerators to mix oxygen or air into wastewater to ensure the water-treatment process operates efficiently and effectively. The systems are non-fouling and typically cost less than conventional diffusion and/or aeration processes.
Why You Should Choose Advanced Dif-Jet™ Aerators for Industrial and Municipal Water Treatment:
Dif-Jet aerators are installed above water surface to pipe aerated water into any depth without increasing air or oxygen pressure. Dif-Jet Aerators are easy to access and lower maintenance costs compared to traditional diffusers.
Dif-Jet™ aerators may be installed sequentially or manifolded for large aeration requirements.
Dif-Jet™ aerators may be used to replace existing bubble aerators in aquaculture, hydroponics and aquaponics and will eliminate fouling and lower energy costs.
Dif-Jet™ aerators enhance production efficiencies in biological manufacturing processes by adding air or oxygen to speed up such processes without in-tank diffusers.
Dif-Jet™ stainless steel aerators are used for feeding ozone for odor control or sterilization of water
Our stainless steel Dif-Jet™ aerators are used for mix nitrogen gas into water to deoxygenate water in oil drilling operations. The technology is also efficient at deep well deoxygenation.
Dif-Jet aerators are more efficient than traditional aeration devices to mix oxygen into waterwater produced by gold mining operations..
If you have bio-solids or minerals in your water, Dif-Jet™ aearators will work efficiently without fouling.
Dif-Jet™ Aerators are designed for efficient low pressure operations (10 TO 25 PSI )
Dif-Jet™ applications Information:
- Offer less capital-intensive solutions for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants.
- Offer direct aeration into a pressurized (2-3 psi) flowing stream of water without fouling or clogging. In addition, the low cost technology may be incorporated into floating or fixed basin aeration systems.
- May be installed upstream or downstream on piped flowing water without fouling the Dif-Jet™. Low cost floating systems are easily configured to aerate water to any depth. The modular floating systems are easy to configure to aerate at different depths..
- Dif-Jet™ aeration systems are portable and can be equipped with a Dissolved Oxygen Controller and DO probe or controlled with regulator pressure or timers or a combination of both pressure and time.
- May be installed on a manifold for very large aeration requirements or for pumping aerated water to directed locations within a treatment plant or for multiple outlets within an oxidation ditch or final aeration basins..
- Are ideal for operators of industrial wastewater plants who are paying surcharges to municipal wastewater treatment plants for high Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) or Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD). Dif-Jet™ aerators and aerator systems are easily installed at existing facilities in order to eliminate these costly surcharges. Pure oxygen is recommended for these applications.
Benefits of Pure Oxygen Aeration
The DiF-JET may be used with air or pure oxygen. Pure oxygen aeration offers lower initial cost and many verifiable benefits:
- Easily increase organic plant loading and treatment capacity in an energy-efficient and cost-effective way. DiF-JET™ aerators feature very high oxygen transfer efficiency –- no expensive upgrades to blower systems or air compressors required with corresponding increases in power consumption as well. Help eliminate BOD and COD surcharges and EPA fines.
- Air contains 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen. The nitrogen competes with the oxygen for solubility requiring higher capacity blowers. The nitrogen strips out volatile compounds which cause odor problems for many facilities.
- Increased bacterial respiration with high-purity oxygen carries over to other areas and may increase overall operational efficiencies.
Products available in US and Canada only