XP Solutions Releases XPSWMM And XPSTORM Version 2014
XP Solutions, a world leading provider of software solutions aimed at improving the physical and social environment, proudly announces the release of XPSWMM and XPSTORM version 2014. These hydrodynamic software models that simulate sanitary sewer systems, stormwater systems, rivers, floodplains and water quality are used every day around the world for master planning, floodplain mapping, flood hazard mitigation and sustainable stormwater control simulation.
New and existing users of XPSWMM and XPSTORM will see their work flows greatly improved with the new features. “We’re exceptionally proud of this release,” says Anthony Kuch, MSc, Vice President of North American Operations. “It was made in response to user requests and to market demands. We’ve cut out a lot of time-consuming steps for water resources modelers and set a high bar for efficiency.”
Features new to version 2014 include:
- River and Bridge Links.These specialized modeling objects improve workflow by focusing the data requirements to channel inverts and cross sections. Importation of HEC-RAS models now uses these new object types and includes the conversion of HECRAS bridges and culverts to the new XP Bridge Links.
- Improved Results Analysis.MultipleStorms and Scenario simulations can now display multiple HGL in profile plots, and multiple 2D map results can be displayedand compared.
- Sanitary Sewer Analysis. Multiple dry weather flow computations can be specified at a single node; new qualitative fields for objects such as material, zone and installation year have been added; and templates for streamlined sanitary sewer analyses are also now included.
- XP2D Post-Processing Tools.Calculate the difference in 2D results and export 2D results to GIS formats.
- User-Defined Hazard Criteria. Create and store Hazard Calculations using depth, velocity and debris factors. This high level of localization eliminates the need for third party tools and external calculations.
- GIS Cookie Cutter. Use GIS layers as a source for catchment data generation. The new polygon overlay of catchments to GIS efficiently populates parameters such as slope, impervious percentage, curve number etc. from your GIS data.
- 1D/2D Interface Line Profiles. This tool allows you to visualize the 2D grid against the 1D channel invert and overbank elevations, and improves your ability to locate the 1D/2D interface at elevations where the river floods its banks.
These are just a few of the over 100 improvements being made in XPSWMM/XPSTORM version 2014.
To update existing users on the new features, videos will be posted on the XP Solutions website, and upcoming training sessions will be run in the latest version. For more information, visit http://www.xpsolutions.com.
About XP Solutions
XP Solutions is a world leading provider of software solutions aimed at improving the physical and social environment. Our reliable software technology and professional solutions are used every day around the world by engineering organizations, environmental management organizations, and governmental agencies to plan, design, simulate and manage the impact of human interaction with the natural world.
SOURCE: XP Solutions