Wyse Dryers To Exhibit At WEFTEC In New Orleans: Booth # 2007
Introduction: Who are Wyse and Wyssmont?
Wyssmont Company designs, manufactures and services its high quality, reliable TURBO-DRYER Dryer worldwide to the chemical, pharmaceutical, mineral, food and food additive industries. Founded in 1932, Wyssmont Company has solved many difficult drying problems and offered many benefits to the end user.
Wyse Inc is a newly formed company utilizing the many years of Wyssmont's experience, know-how and technological process expertise - and applying all of this knowledge to Municipal Wastewater Treatment Sludge Processing (thermal drying) Applications.
Need for Thermal Drying Technology:
Cost-efficient and ecological management of municipal Bio-solids (Sludge) has become an increasingly central concern for cities, due to:
- Rising Transportation Fuel Costs – for Sludge Disposal
- Easily accessible landfill sites are becoming exhausted
- Rising disposal tipping costs.
- Increasing Volume of Residuals – resulting from increased population growth
As a consequence of the above factors, Municipalities and their Wastewater Treatment Plants Operations are seeking alternative solutions to reduce sludge disposal costs via the utilization of Thermal Drying to reduce sludge volumes & mass and by producing a Class A Bio-Solids (as defined by the US EPA), which is more a readily disposed of - agriculturally reusable & marketable end product.
Thermal Drying Technology was originally developed for material and chemical processing applications - and now it has been successfully applied for Municipal Sludge Applications, albeit with some reservations pertaining to issues related to dust and odor generation, and potential safety concerns.
Why is the Wyssmont Better than Other Dryers?
Wyssmont's Turbo-Dryer Dryer is superior to other types of Sludge Dryers - especially with respect to producing a granular (dust-free) product - thereby eliminating safety problems related potential fire and explosion risks. Also, the Turbo-Dryer® Dryer’s end product and ambient surrounding area have been proven to be Odorless - as demonstrated via full scale testing, operation and performance.
How does it work?
The TURBO-DRYER Dryer consists of a stack of slowly rotating circular trays. Material is fed onto the top tray. After one revolution the material is wiped onto the next lower tray where it is mixed, leveled, and then after one revolution, is wiped to the next tray where the operation is repeated. The trays are contained in an enclosure in which heated air or gas is circulated by internal fans. This approach to drying enables an exceptionally gentle handling of the sludge product without back-feeding. Combined with a precisely controlled and uniform temperature environment, the Wyssmont dryer unit produces a consistently-sized granule product with little or no dust and in a manner that ensures against materials moldering or ignition.
Other Features & Benefits:
- Reliable unattended operation
- Safe operation without inert gas blanket
- Automatically adjusts to varying feed rates
Lowest operating cost
- High on-stream time, often runs for years without shutdown for any reason
- Low maintenance: usually less than 1% of the capital cost per year
- High thermal efficiency
- Lowest horsepower demand of any continuous dryer
- Smallest foot print (due to Vertical Design)
- Accurate scale up
- Precise temperature control
- Outdoor or indoor installation
Sample Lab Testing and Pilot Rental Availability:
- Wyssmont's Test lab requires only a few pounds of wet material per test and the results provide direct scale up to any production capacity.
- TURBO-DRYER is available for rental/pilot testing to confirm lab test results and provide larger quantities of dried product for evaluation. Systems are designed for drying, as well as drying and cooling operations,
Currently our Wyse Inc website is under construction - and will be available in the next few weeks. However, please feel free to visit the Wyssmont (www.wyssmont.com) website to gain additional information pertaining to our TURBO-DRYER
Also, we will be exhibiting at the WEFTEC Conference: Oct 1st - 3rd.2012: Booth # 2007.
SOURCE: Wyssmont Company