WEDECO PRO3MIX Bromate Control SystemSource: WEDECO -- A Xylem Brand
The ozone oxidation of affected drinking water sources with high levels of bromide may lead to bromate formation in the product water. Bromate in drinking water is undesirable as it‘s a suspected human carcinogen. The PRO3MIX bromate control system is an intelligent ozone-based advanced oxidation process (AOP) introduction and reaction system enabling ozone treatment in a compact and intelligent design to mitigate bromate formation even in cases of high level bromide in source water.
- Simultaneously destroys micropollutants while controlling bromate formation
- Simple design and operation with a single ozone injection point and a single hydrogen peroxide injection point
- Efficient plug-flow reactor with multiple mixing stages for high ozone mass transfer
- Compact with small footprint
- Includes degassing unit for removal of excess oxygen