Source: ClearBlu Environmental
ClearBlu manufactures wedgewire waterfall screens as a highly efficient and cost effective alternative to other solids removal systems. A number of factors make these screens an excellent choice.
- The screens have a very steep angle. This allows water flow to push screened material off into a dewatering hopper.
- .5 mm screens will actually separate material as small as .25 mm.
- Automatic spraybars keep dried material from clogging the screen and because they are timer activated use 90% less water than rotary screens.
- Stainless steel construction means acidic wastewater is no challenge.
- Screening solids before pH balancing can reduce chemical consumption by 60%. Solids can soak up significant amounts of chemical.