16"-48" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve With Flex-Ring EndsSource: AMERICAN - American Cast Iron Pipe Company
AMERICAN’s 16"-48" Series 2500 ductile iron resilient wedge gate valves are suitable for use in potable water, sewage and fire protection systems.
AMERICAN’s 16"-48" Series 2500 ductile iron resilient wedge gate valves are suitable for use in potable water, sewage and fire protection systems. These valves have a rated working pressure of 250 psig with zero leakage. The waterway is clear and unobstructed.
The Flex-Ring design incorporates the following exclusive design features:
- Positive joint restraint
- No need for friction style restrainers
- No point loading of pipe wall
- No restraint hardware to corrode
- Additional joint deflection compared to traditional pipe joints
- Even distribution of pipeline thrust loads
- Joint restraint hardware is protected inside the valve joint
Advantages Over Standard Butterfly Valve Designs
- No disc in waterway to restrict flow or to increase pumping costs
- Allows passage of pigging devices
- Internal parts can be serviced without cutting valve out of pipeline
- 250 psig rating provides for future pressure increases over the 150 psig pressure rating typically found on most butterfly valves
Advantages Over Standard Double-Disc Gate Valve Designs
- Zero allowable leakage
- Lower torque requirements to operate valve
- 250 psig pressure rating compared to the 150 psig rating typically found on double-disc gate valves
- Fusion bond epoxy-coated inside and out
- Lighter total valve weight
- Single-gate construction. Double-disc gate valves have multiple parts that can seize together.
- Bypasses, rollers, tracks and scrapers are not needed.
- 250 psig rating
- Ductile iron construction
- Triple O-Ring stem seals
- NSF Certified coating
- Thrust washers
- Epoxy coating inside and out
- Zero leakage
- Optional gearing (Standard on 30" and larger)
- Ductile iron wedge fully encapsulated with EPDM rubber
- 16"-48" Flex-Ring boltless restrained joint
- Cast flats on valve body so valve stands upright for storage or during installation
- Bypass available at additional cost
- Ductile Iron Construction
The ductile iron body and bonnet provide superior strength and allow a pressure rating of 250 psig. The strength of ductile iron doubles that provided by gray iron. This added strength and higher pressure rating are provided in a compact, lighter design.
- Triple O-Ring Stem Seals
Sealing the lubrication chamber is a series of three O-Ring stem seals. The O-Rings help to isolate the lubrication chamber.
- Epoxy Coating
The 16"-48" Series 2500 valves are epoxy-coated both on the interior as well as the exterior of the valve. The coating is applied after the valve body is shot-blasted clean. The coating is applied to all ferrous surfaces so that even the bolt holes and body-to-bonnet flange surfaces are fully epoxy coated.
- Lifting Devices, 16"-48"
All 16"-48" valves are provided with integral lifting devices, which allow the valve to be handled without lifting it by the operating nut.
- Thrust Washers
Thrust washers are located above and below the stem collar to reduce operating input torque and assist in trouble-free operation of the valve.
- No Flat Gaskets
The stuffing box gasket and throat flange gasket are pressure-energized rubber O-Rings. This provides a seal without the need for excessive bolt loading as is required of flat gaskets.