Series 3800 Mega-Coupling® Restrained CouplingSource: EBAA Iron Sales, Inc.
The 3800 is a restrained coupling that provides pull-out resistance up to its rated pressure
The MEGA-COUPLING Series 3800 Restrained Coupling by EBAA is designed and manufactured to economically and efficiently couple and restrain similar or dissimilar pipe materials without the need for a standalone coupling and a separate restraint harness. The MEGA-COUPLING utilizes a unique coupling body to easily couple two plain ends of pipe and restrain them with two “time proven” MEGALUG® Restraints.
The 4 inch through 12 inch size range has for years successfully restrained: Ductile Iron Pipe (DIP), C900 PVC Pipe, ASTM 2241 PVC Pipe (IPS), Carbon Steel Pipe, HDPE Pipe or any combination thereof. EBAA has now expanded their size range to include 14 inch through 36 inch for Ductile Iron Pipe, C905 PVC Pipe or both.
Features and Application:
For use on:
- Ductile Iron Pipe
- Steel Pipe
- PVC Pipe (C900 or ASTM D2241)
- High Density Polyethylene Pipe (HDPE).
- Minimum 2 to 1 Safety Factor.
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy coating on Sleeve.
- MEGA-BOND™ Restraint Coating System
- Constructed of ASTM A536 Ductile Iron.
- Corrosion Resistant, low alloy, high strength steel bolts and nuts per ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11.
Coupling meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of:
- AWWA C219
- ASTM A536
- ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11
- ASTM D2000
- For use on water or wastewater pipelines subject to hydrostatic pressure and tested in accordance with either AWWA C600 or ASTM D2774.