SeptiTech® STAAR™ Filter SystemSource: Bio-Microbics, Inc.
SeptiTech® STAAR™ Filter System are designed for residential strength wastewater in eight specific sizes based on daily wastewater usage. Finding the right FAST® system for your project can be as simple as knowing the residential flow from the source of the wastewater.
SeptiTech Advantages and Performance
SeptiTech® STAAR™ (Smart Trickling Anaerobic/Aerobic Recirculation) Filter Systems are designed for residential strength wastewater sized according to number of bedrooms/daily wastewater usage.
The simple, automatic, reliable equalization and clarification process of the STAAR™ Filter Systems treat high organic loads that integrate with other technologies and accessories. The “Smart” controllers recognizes situations dealing with peak, low, intermittent, or no flow conditions to either slow, stop, or restart the system and include many additional features to further enhance quality and dependability.
The low operating cost combined with relatively low power requirements of the STAAR™ systems incorporate a dual purpose Recirculation Pump that sprays wastewater over unsaturated media filter and draws outside air in through use of Venturis. The “Smart” biological trickling filter technology also maintains low levels of Nitrate-N. Treats from 100 gpd to 150,000 gpd with all below-grade components that fit in readily-available concrete, plastic, or fiberglass tanks, it’s just plain smart for on-site, subsurface discharge and other residential and commercial wastewater treatment applications.
- Simple, Automatic, Reliable Equalization and Clarification Process
- Treats High Organic Loads
- Operating Flexibility and Control that Integrates with Other Technologies
- Low Operating Cost with Relatively Low Power Requirements
- Recirculation Pump is dual purpose – sprays wastewater over treatment media & draws outside air in through use of Venturis
- Return Pump sends dead bacteria flock back to head of primary septic tank & recycles Nitrified wastewater to anoxic zone which produces less sludge than suspended growth systems
- All below Grade Components with No Onsite Concrete Work Required in a very Small Footprint (ex. 90,000GPD can fit 1/3 Acre)
- Discharge Pump discharges treated wastewater to disposal field(s) up to 24 times a day
Finding the right size… Designing Your STAAR™ Filter System
On average each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute into the overall treatment system.
- Local Regulatory Guidelines
- Effluent Requirements
- Number of Bedrooms/Persons of occupancy