14"-66" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves With Flanged EndsSource: AMERICAN - American Cast Iron Pipe Company
AMERICAN’s 14"-66" Series 2500 ductile iron resilient wedge gate valves are suitable for use in potable water, sewage and fire protection systems.
AMERICAN’s 14"-66" Series 2500 ductile iron resilient wedge gate valves are suitable for use in potable water, sewage and fire protection systems. These valves have a rated working pressure of 250 psig with zero leakage. The waterway is clear and unobstructed.
Advantages Over Butterfly Valves
- No disc in waterway to restrict flow or to increase pumping costs
- Allows passage of pigging devices
- Internal parts can be serviced without cutting valve out of pipeline
- 250 psig rating provides for future pressure increases over the 150 psig pressure rating typically found on most butterfly valves
Advantages Over Double-Disc Gate Valves
- Zero allowable leakage
- Lower torque requirements to operate valve
- 250 psig pressure rating compared to the 150 psig rating typically found on double-disc gate valves
- Epoxy-coated inside and out
- Lighter total valve weight
- Single-gate construction. Double-disc gate valves have multiple parts that can seize together.
- Bypasses, rollers, tracks and scrapers are not needed.