Oxiperm PRO Chlorine Dioxide Generation SystemsSource: Grundfos
An ideal means of ensuring the cleanliness of drinking water is to use chlorine dioxide as a disinfectant. Chlorine dioxide is highly effective against all types of germs and has a long residual time in the system, meaning that it disinfects even without extracting water. The big advantage of chlorine dioxide over other disinfectants is its effectiveness against biofilms.
The chlorine dioxide production systems, Oxiperm Pro OCD-162 and Oxiperm 164 are the perfect solutions for fighting Legionella and other germs in drinking water.
Oxiperm Pro OCD-162 systems produce chlorine dioxide using diluted solutions of sodium chlorite (NaClO2, 7,5%) and hydrochloric acid (HCl, 9%). The systems are available in four capacity levels, producing 5, 10, 30 or 60 g/h of chlorine dioxide. This capacity is sufficient to treat up to 150 m³ of drinking water per hour at the maximum admissible concentration of 0.4 mg/l ClO2.
Ideal fields of application for Oxiperm Pro OCD-162 discrete disinfection of drinking water installations, such as:
- Combating Legionella in building installations of hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, sports facilities and schools
- Drinking water treatment in municipal waterworks
- Irrigation water treatment, e.g. in plant nurseries
- Process water treatment in food & beverage industry
- Cooling water treatment
Features and benefits
- Compact design, also for confined spaces
- Easy installation
- Low operating costs
- High operational reliability due to integrated control system
- Adaptable for various water disinfection tasks
- Robust design