Nidec Motor Corporation Unveils New Vertical Extra High Thrust Motors
Designed To Meet Demands Of Farmers Drilling Deeper For Water
With the NGWA Groundwater Expo as a backdrop, Nidec Motor Corporation, the leader in vertical motors,announced a new line of vertical extra high thrust motors recently.
The new Extra High Thrust Inverter Duty Vertical HOLLOSHAFT Motor, joins Nidec’s U.S. MOTORS brand family, which provides more NEMAPremium vertical motors to the agriculture/irrigation industry than any other manufacturer in the world.
“Nidec Motor Corporation continues to be first movers when it comes to anticipating and meeting the needs of our end users in the agriculture industry,” says Tim Albers, Director of Product Management and OEM Marketing, Nidec Motor Corporation. “Because farmers are having to drill deeper for access to water for their crops, it’s critical that pump motors provide more horsepower and higher thrust loads imposed by the increased weight of the water column.” Thrust on the new motor is rated at 175% of the current high-thrust motor.
In addition to meeting NEMA MG-1 Part 31 specifications, the motor offers additional features to protect against stress that the NEMA specs do not address, including:
- Insulated motor bearings that minimize bearing fluting caused by VFD induced motor shaft currents
- Motor shaft grounding rings that protect motor and pump bearings by shunting VFD-induced shaft current to ground
- Motor winding thermostats that add protection against damage caused by VFD induced overheating, critical when irrigating crops on extremely hot days
- Premium-efficient rotors with special balance and low-loss lamination steel that contribute to lower operating temperatures, in addition to reducing the cost of operation
- Space heaters that reduce condensation which can lead to motor winding failures and lubricant contamination
- The new motor is currently available from stock in the 100 to 350 HP range.
About Nidec Motor Corporation:
Nidec Motor Corporation (NMC) is a leading manufacturer of commercial, industrial, and appliance motors and controls. The NMC product line features a full line of high efficiency motors, large and small, which serve industrial, residential and commercial markets in applications ranging from water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation to pool and spa motors, air conditioning condensers, rooftop cooling towers, and commercial refrigeration. It also makes motors, controls, and switches for automotive and commercial markets. Brands include U.S. Motors, SR Drives, Hurst, Rescue, ECOTECH EZ.
About Parent Company Nidec Corporation
Parent company Nidec Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer of small precision motors, including motors used in hard and optical disk drives. The company has extended its focus beyond the information storage motor market to the home appliance and automotive markets, where it sees high future growth potential. For more information, visit www.nidec-motor.com.
SOURCE: Nidec Motor Corporation