Datasheet: Model 4430 Photoionization Detector (PID)Source: OI Analytical
The Model 4430 Photoionization Detector (PID) is a GC detector that selectively responds to aromatic and olefinic hydrocarbons in the presence of alkanes and other saturated hydrocarbons. The detector assembly contains an ionizing chamber, UV lamp, and column makeup adapter and uses a standalone, high-voltage power supply for the UV lamp.
The 4430 PID features a unique patented Window Sweep™ design that prevents the sample stream from contacting and contaminating the lamp window. It also allows analysis of photosensitive compounds, which would otherwise polymerize on the window surface. The PID is available for installation on most GC manufacturer's instruments.
- Unique UV-lamp Window Sweep design minimizes fouling from window surface contamination
- Lampsaver™ circuit extends lamp lifetime by turning off lamp when not in use.
- Direct interface to ELCD, XSD, or FID to form tandem detector systems, which require only one detector port
- Detector vent for venting undesirable sample solvents
- Compatible with packed and capillary columns
- Custom engineered to fit specific gas chromatograph models
- Easy operation and maintenance