HyDOZ® Dissolved Ozone SolutionsSource: BlueInGreen
Built on proven BlueInGreen gas dissolution technology, the HyDOZ offers unparalleled advantages for ozonation of water and wastewater. Whether eliminating DBP issues or minimizing the discharge of emerging contaminants, the HyDOZ excels.
The HyDOZ® is designed to take a sidestream from the main process, hyperconcentrate ozone within the sidestream, and re-inject the solution back into the main process such that is effectively mixed and distributed. By leveraging Henry’s law, we are able to cost-effectively provide disinfection (and other objectives) through ozone dissolution for a variety of water and wastewater treatment processes. We provide fully-integrated skids that simplify both the design and construction process, and we have several options available for materials of construction and instrumentation & control.
The BlueInGreen HyDOZ® solution offers the following features and benefits:
- End of pipe delivery, with HyDOZ® technology, eliminates the need for large ozone contactor basins
- Ozone exits the HyDOZ® system dissolved in a water carrier stream resulting in no wasted ozone gas and significantly reducing requirements for ozone destruct equipment
- Hyperconcentrated ozone excels at removal of emerging contaminants – cost-effectively addressing tomorrow’s regulations, today
- Using HyDOZ® technology allows up to 65% of the oxygen utilized in ozone generation to be available for beneficial use in other on-site processes, off-setting aeration costs – resulting in total O&M cost less than that of leading UV systems
- HyDOZ® ozonation elevates dissolved oxygen levels, negating the need for additional post aeration processes – while also reducing COD and removing color
- The HyDOZ® is a fully integrated and skid mounted ozone dissolution and injection system – including pump/motor, VFD, control panel with PLC and HMI, ORP/Dissolved Ozone feedback control loop, and associated piping and valves – provides single source responsibility
- Sophisticated controls that allow the pump(s) to be turned down to save energy, yet ensures treatment objectives are accomplished
- Factory tested for functionality and performance, ensuring minimal construction and start-up time
In addition to the dissolution and injection system described herein, BlueInGreen can also provide ozone generators, oxygen generators or liquid oxygen tanks, and other required ancillaries for a complete and functional solution.
To assist in evaluating the HyDOZ® for your application, we have assembled various pieces of information located in the respective tabs of this section. Please contact a BlueInGreen representative today for project specific information, including budgetary proposals, sizing calculations, specifications, and drawings.
BlueInGreen’s HyDOZ technology has proven effective in a variety of water and wastewater treatment applications. We have listed some of the more common applications below – but, we encourage you to contact a BlueInGreen representative if you don’t find your particular application listed. Our engineers are available to answer any questions you may have and to assist with your project details.
- Potable Water Treatment
- Most powerful oxidant, Stage II DBPR requirements, taste and odor issues
- Wastewater Disinfection
- Disinfection upgrades, treating emerging contaminants, reuse standards
- Sludge Treatment
- Dewatering – higher solids content, odor reduction
- Industrial / Food / Beverage Disinfection
- Hydraulic fracturing operations, boiler systems, medical grade water