How To Read An EncoderSource: Badger Meter
The HR-E LCD encoder has a 9-digit Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) to show consumption, flow and alarm information. The display automatically toggles between 9-digit and 6-digit consumption, rate of flow and meter model.
VISUAL READING DISPLAYS
- The 9-digit display provides your utility with the finest reading resolution.
- The 6-digit display represents the equivalent of the moveable number wheels on a 6-dial mechanical encoder.
UTILITY BILLING STANDARDS FOR METER READING
Typical 6-wheel odometer registration is designed with white and black number wheels for local readability with the white number wheels corresponding to the “typical” utility standard meter reading units:
- Gallons – reading to the nearest 1000 gallons
- Cubic Feet – reading to the nearest 100 ft3
- Cubic Meters – reading to the nearest 10 m3