GE's Expertise In Solving Complex Water Challenges For Reuse And Wastewater Treatment On Display At WEFTEC In New Orleans
GE to Showcase Its Broad Portfolio Addressing Water and Wastewater Challenges to Diverse Industries from Its Water, Oil and Gas, Intelligent Platforms and Gas Engines Businesses
GE will display its advanced technologies, products and services that solve tough-to-treat water challenges at the world-leading WEFTEC 2012 conference, October 1-3, 2012, in New Orleans, La. During the show, GE will showcase its broad portfolio leveraging equipment, chemistries and services to help commercial and industrial customers address their pressing water resource needs.
“GE has a wide variety of advanced equipment designed to meet the water and wastewater needs of industries and municipalities. At this year’s WEFTEC, we will be spotlighting our ZeeWeed, LEAPmbr, electrodialysis reversal, analytical instruments and TrueSense technologies, as well discussing how the adoption of water reuse practices can help reverse the risk of clean water scarcity,” said Paul Schuler, regional executive—water and process technologies for GE Power & Water.
Highlights of GE’s portfolio that will be on display during WEFTEC at Booth #4059 in Hall F include:
- GE’s water and process technologies business is focused on the major water-related challenges that are being faced by municipal and industrial customers—availability, quality, productivity, energy and the environment. Technologies on display include:
- ZeeWeed hollow-fiber membrane technology for ultrafiltration.
- Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) for virtually all wastewater treatment applications, including our next-generation MBR, LEAPmbr.
- Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR)—Self-cleaning, durable membrane system ideal for turbid wastewater.
- Analytical instruments—Total Organic Carbon (TOC) analyzers and other water quality measurement instruments.
- Lifecycle Services—Aftermarket services for ultrafiltration, MBR, reverse osmosis and EDR.
- TrueSense advanced cooling solutions.
- GE Oil & Gas aeration solutions offer technologies to lower wastewater treatment plant operating costs while delivering the performance demanded by its customers today. Solutions on display include:
- The New Roots Turbo blower—cost-effective, low-maintenance compressor product.
- Roots aeration controls case history details energy savings in excess of $350,000.
- The Roots EASYAIR X2 system provides performance engineering in a standard blower package.
- GE Intelligent Platforms is an experienced high-performance technology company and a global provider of software, control platforms, services and expertise in automation and embedded computing. It offers a unique foundation of agile and reliable technology providing customers a sustainable competitive advantage in the industries they serve, including water and wastewater.
- GE Power & Water’s Gas Engines division sets the industry standard for flexible fuel capability, low emissions and high efficiency. It specializes in developing local power and gas compression solutions that deliver cleaner, more efficient, more affordable energy to customers around the world.
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit www.ge.com.
About GE Power & Water
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. Power & Water’s seven business units include Aeroderivative Gas Turbines; Gas Engines; Nuclear Energy; Power Generation Services; Renewable Energy; Thermal Products and Water & Process Technologies. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business.