ETS Secures Regulatory Agency Approval For Pasteurized Equivalent Water For Use In Dairy Plants In The US
ETS has received notification that a number of ETS medium pressure UV systems have successfully demonstrated regulatory compliance with the 2011 Pasteurized Milk Ordinance Appendix H Subsection IX (Accepted process for creation of Pasteurized Equivalent Water – Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection of Water) for use in dairies across the United States.
These machines are used to disinfect water to a comparable standard to pasteurization, to produce Pasteurized Equivalent Water. These machines feature automatic wipers, which keep the optical path free from fouling, without the need to dismantle the unit to clean it manually.
Ultraviolet disinfection provides an efficient, proven and dependable disinfection solution. There is no residual left behind by UV treatment which would interfere with the taste, color or product chemistry of the water, but it does eliminate any pathogens and spoilage organisms present.
Three reasons why Engineered Treatment Systems UV disinfection system is different and more effective than the rest:
- Multiple barrier between UV lamps and maintenance personnel
- Twist lock lamp replacement
- Lower installation costs and allow for quicker and easier installation
- Can be installed either horizontally or vertically to save space
Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Quartz is cleaned by wiping mechanism. No need to disassemble the unit.
- Wiping mechanism is external to the water
- Wiper rings can be replaced without removing wiping carriage from chamber
- Individual lamp and sleeve replacement
About Engineered Treatment Systems (ETS)
Based in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Engineered Treatment Systems LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Neptune-Benson. ETS is a leader in the development and manufacture of UV systems, specializing in closed vessel UV technology. Our world class UV systems offer treatment solutions for a range of uses from recreational water to municipal and a wide variety of industrial applications. With advanced technology and a wealth of experience, ETS has the expertise to provide effective and cost efficient solutions for a broad range of industry needs. For more information, visit www.etsindustrial.com.
SOURCE: Neptune Benson / ETS-UV