Engineered Treatment Systems Is Pleased To Supply Their Ultraviolet Disinfection System To Treat The Process Water For Major Food And Beverage Suppliers Around The Globe
It is well recognized that waterborne microorganisms, like listeria and cryptosporidium, and contaminants of emerging concern like pharmaceuticals and personal care products are responsible for adverse effects on the flavor, color, odor and shelf life of soft drinks, bottled water and food products. Any water being used in the food and beverage industry, either for product, or as part of the process must be treated in order to ensure the integrity of the end product. Ultraviolet disinfection provides an efficient, proven and dependable disinfection solution. There is no residual left behind by UV treatment which would interfere with the taste, color or product chemistry of the water, but it does eliminate any pathogens and spoilage organisms present.
Three reasons why Engineered Treatment Systems UV disinfection system is different and more effective than the rest:
- Multiple barrier between UV lamps and maintenance personnel
- Twist lock lamp replacement
- Lower installation costs and allow for quicker and easier installation
- Can be installed either horizontally or vertically to save space
3. Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Quartz is cleaned by wiping mechanism. No need to disassemble the unit.
- Wiping mechanism is external to the water
- Wiper rings can be replaced without removing wiping carriage from chamber
- Individual lamp and sleeve replacement