Disinfection; Mazzei Disinfection Injector Ozone Water Treatment GDT Disinfection ProcessSource: Mazzei Injector Company, LLC
Disinfection; Mazzei® Disinfection Injectors can be used in conjuction with Mass Transfer Multiplier™ Nozzles, the Flash Reactor™, and Degas Separator in a variety of configurations to fit the need of the disinfection ozone contacting application.
|The Mazzei Injector brings in the ozone gas, mixing it with the water stream.|
|MTM™ Nozzles, like the one shown, are for pipe or basin mixing|
|The Flash Reactor™ is for secondary mixing and additional ozone transfer.|
|The Degas Separator, above, removes entrained / undissolved gas bubbles.|
Mazzei® Injector, Flash Reactor™, Degas Separator, and MTM™ Nozzle
- Ozone Gas: Ozone gas is created from air or pure oxygen with an ozone generator.
- Mazzei® Injector: Ozone gas is aspirated via the patented venturi-type injectors providing dynamic and efficient ozone transfer to solution.
- Back Pressure Control Valve: The back pressure control valve adjusts injector outlet pressure to optimize ozone mass transfer.
- Flash Reactor™: The dynamic mixing that occurs at the injector is enhanced in the Flash Reactor™ with high-velocity mixing for additional ozone transfer.
- Degas Separator: The Degas Separator provides additional mixing and removes any undissolved gas bubbles. The Degas Relief Valve releases the captured entrained gases for processing or venting.
- Mass Transfer Multiplier (MTM™) Nozzle: The nozzle forces dissolved ozone to thoroughly mix with the untreated water in a pipeline or basin.
The Mazzei® Injector and Mass Transfer Multiplier™ Nozzles work together in this Pipeline Flash Reactor™, shown above, to inject ozone into the side stream and then return the aspirated water to the main line through the nozzles for enhanced mixing and mass transfer.