Correlated, Acoustic Leak Detection System: Aclara STAR® ZoneScanSource: Aclara
Non-revenue water loss due to underground leaks is a major headache for utilities — and losses often worsen as the infrastructure ages. What’s more, leaks often erupt into major infrastructure failures. Aclara STAR ZoneScan is the industry’s only remotely correlated acoustic leak-detection solution that uses time-synchronized sound recordings to identify leak locations on the main. The sound recordings are made by underground equipment in the field and later correlated at the utility, pinpointing leaks before they become expensive emergencies. The solution’s hands-off operation as well as automated data collection and analysis saves money, time, and resources.
Knowing there’s a leak and knowing where the leak is located are two different things. STAR ZoneScan allows you to identify and proactively repair small, underground leaks. This helps not only your budget, but it also eliminates non-revenue water. Combining Aclara’s two-way, fixed-network advanced metering network (AMI) with leak detection technology from Gutermann International, STAR ZoneScan turns the acoustic vibrations caused by pipe leaks into actionable information on the location of leaks. Vibrations are recorded in the quiet morning hours when factors that affect leak noise are minimized. Competitive leak detection systems typically identify only the presence of noise along the water main. STAR ZoneScan enhances this basic functionality by offering frequency analysis to identify false positives caused by electrical noise.
Benefits And Features:
- Eliminates the need for drive-by data collection, as this cost effective solution offers automated data collection.
- Detects the location of even the smallest leaks to within 3 feet using correlated sound recordings.
- See for yourself the leak location from anywhere via the Web-based application software that collects, correlates, and analyzes acoustic data.
- Offers two implementation options — permanent or temporary (“lift and shift”).
- Suitable for any climate and weather-proof due to environmentally sealed meter transmission unit (MTU).
- Works with a variety of materials, including metals, concrete, and non-metal materials.
- Reduces nonrevenue water by combining Aclara’s two-way, fixed-network AMI with leak detection technology from Gutermann International.
- Saves on operations costs as it provides automatic cross correlations between adjacent loggers with minimal operator involvement.
For technical information on the Aclara STAR ZoneScan Solution, contact Dean Slejko, product manager, Aclara, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAR® ZoneScan Leak Detection System Video:
Watch this brief video to learn how Aclara STAR ZoneScan Leak Detection System mitigates underground water main leaks.
STAR® ZoneScan Leak Detection System Datasheet:
Download this datasheet to learn how STAR ZoneScan Web-based application software correlates the data between loggers and provides visual identification of high probability leak locations.
STAR® ZoneScan Leak Detection System Brochure:
Download this brochure to learn how the Aclara STAR ZoneScan Leak Detection System can save your utility up to $88,000 a year.
The Aclara Difference — The Technologies of Aclara Brochure
Find out how Aclara’s suite of products can lower operating costs and enhance customer engagement.