CDOX® Dissolved CO2 SolutionsSource: BlueInGreen
Utilizing the smallest carrier stream in the industry, the CDOX is a leader at efficiently dissolving carbon dioxide in a sidestream process. From simple in-process pH adjustment and alkalinity addition to large recarbonation projects, the CDOX delivers results.
The CDOX® is designed to take a sidestream from the main process flow or other water supply, saturate it with carbon dioxide, and re-inject the carbonic acid solution back into the main flow such that is effectively mixed and distributed. By leveraging Henry’s law, we are able to cost-effectively provide pH control through carbon dioxide dissolution for a variety of water and wastewater treatment processes. We provide fully-integrated skids that simplify both the design and construction process, and we have several options available for materials of construction and instrumentation & control.
The BlueInGreen CDOX® solution offers the following features and benefits:
- Up to 10 times less carrier stream than competing systems operating at similar pressures – resulting in significantly smaller carrier streams and infrastructure needs
- Significant gas savings – approximately 40% less CO2 than typical bubble diffusion applications and 20% less CO2 than competing sidestream solutions
- Ability to direct inject into main process flow piping eliminates the need for large concrete basins typically required for bubble diffusion
- Fully integrated and skid mounted carbon dioxide dissolution and injection system – including pump/motor, VFD, control panel with PLC and HMI, pH feedback control loop, and associated piping and valves – provides single source responsibility
- Sophisticated controls that allow the pump(s) to be turned down to save energy, yet ensures treatment objectives are accomplished – our dissolution does not require fixed flow rates
- Factory tested for functionality and performance, ensuring minimal construction and start-up time
In addition to having the most cost-effective dissolution and injection system on the market, BlueInGreen has teamed with Chart Industries – the leading manufacturer of vacuum jacketed storage vessels – to offer turn-key solutions for our CDOX® customers. During the last 15 years, all of the major gas suppliers have begun utilizing the vacuum jacketed technology due to its superior performance and longevity over foam insulated tanks. The efficiency of the vacuum jacketed tanks is such that no additional refrigeration equipment is necessary for the storage of cryogenic liquids – significantly minimizing long-term operations and maintenance costs.
To assist in evaluating the CDOX® for your application, we have assembled various pieces of information located in the respective tabs of this section. Please contact a BlueInGreen representative today for project specific information, including budgetary proposals, sizing calculations, specifications, and drawings.
BlueInGreen’s CDOX technology has been applied in both water and wastewater processes for a variety of applications – including pH control, alkalinity adjustment, and remineralization. We tried to capture the most common applications below – but, we encourage you to contact a BlueInGreen representative if you don’t see your application listed. Of course, our engineers are always eager to answer any questions you may have or to assist you with the details of your project.
Softening / Recarbonation
- Reducing TOC, Stage II DBPR requirements
- Industrial processes, hydraulic fracturing fluid treatment
- Reducing anti-scalants – boiler systems, high purity water
- Reverse osmosis – remineralization, alkalinity addition