Submersible Mixer Type ABS XRWSource: Sulzer Pumps Solutions Inc.
The Submersible Mixer Type ABS XRW can be used at various steps of a wastewater treatment plant. This mixer provides the high efficiency, greater reliability and minimal maintenance needed to dramatically reduce operational costs, while simultaneously providing the best process control from just one mixer through variable-speed drive and precise speed control.
The wastewater treatment steps that benefit from the XRW are described below.
The objective of mixing during the equalization process is to blend the wastewater and to prevent sedimentation, stratification and odor. The submersible mixer type ABS XRW is the best solution as the water levels in this part of the process are often very low and have a tendency to change frequently. The configuration of the submersible mixer type ABS XRW is determined by the intensity of mixing and flow required.
Selector (Contact zone)
In the selector tank the aim is to control and limit the growth of filamentous bacteria, which enhances the sludge sedimentation ability. Our submersible mixer concept is used for intensive (flash) mixing of the re-circulated sludge and wastewater.
Biological processes (Anaerobic and anoxic)
In the anaerobic and anoxic tanks the biomass has to be kept in suspension in order to avoid the risk of the sludge settling and to maximize biological activity. The target is to provide good contact between the inlet wastewater, recirculated sludge and biomass without aeration.
Our submersible mixer concept can be used to provide sufficient mixing energy to keep the biomass in suspension.
Sludge conditioning tank
Blending and homogenization of concentrated primary, secondary or digested sludge are the most common applications in the sludge buffer tanks. The XRW can be used successfully here.
The right motor solution to match mixing task for agitating, blending, mixing, dissolving and suspension of solids in industry, municipal treatment plants and agriculture.
- The XRW series includes several submersible mixers with integral motors ranging from 0.8 to 25 kW (1.2 - 35.5 hp) for agitating, blending, mixing, dissolving, and suspension of solids in municipal treatment plants, industry, and agriculture.
- Sulzer offers highly efficient direct-driven and gear-driven mixers with either standard or explosion-proof motor enclosures
- The high speed mixer range XRW 210 and XRW 300 are equiped with squirrel-cage induction motor of IE3 standard
- In the medium-speed range, IE3-equivalent permanent-magnet motors provides the lowest possible energy consumption
- The medium-low speeds mixer range XRW 900,are equiped with squirrel-cage induction motor of IE3 standard and a gear box as speed reducer.
- Sulzer offers highly efficient multiple and gear-driven mixers with either standard or explosion-proof motor enclosures.
- Sulzer support includes literature and computer software for sizing and design of each installation.
- Lowest energy consumption
- Compact, water pressure-tight design
- Full stainless steel version available
- Shorter mixing times
- Minimal risk of motor overloading
- Superior Reliability and long operating life
- Mixing and stirring applications in sewage treatment plants and industrial areas
- Homogenization of highly-concentrated sewage sludge
Main design features
- Easy installation
- Small space requirements
- Premium-efficiency IE3 motors or equivalent
- Mechanical seal protected by a solids deflection ring
- Seal monitoring using multiple sensors
- Thermo-Control System (TCS) provides timely warnings and auto switch-off