Severn Trent Services Expands Line Of Inorganic Treatment Products
Treatment solutions for arsenic, iron and manganese, nitrate, fluoride and pH adjustment for drinking water applications demonstrate company's commitment to product innovation and industry leadership.
Severn Trent Services has announced the expansion of its line of inorganic treatment products, now including five highly effective drinking water treatment solutions for the removal of arsenic; iron and manganese; nitrate; and fluoride; and for pH adjustment.
According to Tom Mills, Severn Trent Services' vice president of marketing and business development, "In designing our expanded range of inorganic products, we are building on our process experience and expertise with the SORB technology, the most successful and widely used arsenic adsorption system in the world. Our full line of treatment solutions reflects our strong commitment to product innovation and to protecting public health by reducing inorganic contaminants in drinking water."
Severn Trent Services' expanded inorganic product line now includes:
- SORB 33 arsenic removal system featuring Bayoxide E33 media – The SORB 33 process has been commercially proven to effectively and economically meet arsenic levels of less than 10 ppb across a wide range of water treatment applications. The Bayoxide media offers the lowest capital cost among arsenic treatment media and consistent performance while providing ease of operation and maintenance.
- SORB 09 fluoride removal system – The SORB 09 process features a small footprint and enhanced design and automation for improved operation efficiencies compared to conventional activated alumina adsorption systems. The system is a regenerative process that utilizes a weak caustic soda solution to remove fluoride from a solid activated alumina surface, extending the treatment life of the media.
- SORB 07 nitrate removal system – The SORB 07 system is an ion exchange process that features a small footprint and brine reduction compared to conventional ion exchange systems. The system typically includes at least two exchange vessels in parallel operation. Treatment bypass and blending are included in the design to minimize operating costs. Coupled with process monitoring and controls, the resin bed's ion exchange capacity is greater than that of conventional processes.
- Omni-SORB iron / manganese removal system – The Omni-SORB system is a cost-effective solution that reduces operational and maintenance expenses. The Omni-SORB granular filter media is an engineered product using refined manganese that has high catalytic activity for oxidation and adsorption of iron and manganese. These catalytic properties allow the media to be efficiently used without the addition of potassium permanganate, a strong oxidant required for iron and manganese removal with greensand and other media.
- TETRApHix CO2 addition system– The TETRApHix system is an ideal solution for use in drinking water applications requiring the control of pH. The system offers increased gas efficiency, low maintenance and a smaller footprint compared to conventional carbon dioxide pH adjustment systems. The system is easily integrated into existing systems and controls, resulting in a simple and economical installation in new, existing or retrofitted water treatment facilities.
About Severn Trent Services
Severn Trent Services, with global headquarters in Fort Washington, Pa., USA, is a leading supplier of water and wastewater solutions. The company's broad range of products and services is concentrated around disinfection, instrumentation and filtration technologies and contract operating services. Our analytical services group is the United Kingdom's leading environmental testing organization, and our international operating services business provides worldwide contract operation and support for all aspects of water and wastewater utility operational development and business transformation. Severn Trent Services is a member of the Severn Trent Plc group of companies. Severn Trent is a FTSE 100 company. For more information, visit www.severntrentservices.com
SOURCE: Severn Trent Services