QuickPlate™ UnderdrainSource: Degremont Technologies
The QuickPlate™ Underdrain has been redesigned for increased strength and performance. Its strength comes from a unique two-piece cell divider design. The lower cell divider is a custom I-beam that is only 8" in height. The upper cell divider is convertible to various media depths due to a bolt-in-top cell sheet.
Porous plates are joined every four feet along the length of the filter bed. The two-piece cell divider bolts together through the porous plate. A flange connection of the upper and lower cell dividers overlays the porous plate shiplap joints along the length of the filter bed.
In retrofitting an existing filter, a pocket is formed to receive the porous plate during installation. The pocket provides both additional support of the porous plate and a positive seal at the concrete wall.
Advantages of the QuickPlate™ Underdrain
- Reduced risk of media leaks due to a strong positive seal and elimination of caulked butt or ledge joints and hold down angles. Fewer media leaks mean reduced maintenance is needed.
- Increased underdrain strength through continuously supported porous plates.
- Easier installation because of a simplified grouting procedure and low profile bottom cell dividers. In addition, fewer porous plates are required versus a traditional design.
- Increased flexibility in media depth due to the bolt-in-top cell divider.
- Direct replacement of existing design.
- Reduced labor requirements.