ODI 2PAD™ System Produces Class A Biosolids
Two-Phase Anaerobic Digestion for Class A Biosolids
This unique two-phase anaerobic digestion system produces Class A Biosolids, which can be land-applied without restrictions in accordance with the EPA's 40 CFR Part 503 regulations. Our innovative process separates the acidand methane-forming digestion phases (acidogenesis and methanogenesis), increasing the efficiency of both and, combined with the high temperature, destroys the pathogens to below detectable limits. A two-year pilot study confirmed the effectiveness of the ODI 2PAD™ System to meet EPA requirements for Class A Biosolids. In fact, the ODI 2PAD™ System has been granted "PFRP Conditional National Equivalency" by the Environmental Protection Agency, as recommended by the Pathogen Equivalency Committee.
Whether you're retrofitting an existing plant or building a new one, the ODI 2PAD™ System is ready to take your sludge to a new class--Class A Biosolids.
The ODI 2PAD™ System means real benefits for your facility:
- Produces Class A Biosolids, which are bio-safe and can be landapplied without restrictions.
- Separating the acid- and methane-forming phases makes both phases more efficient and more effective.
- Total hydraulic retention time is greatly reduced, which means smaller digesters can be used and associated costs are lower.
- Aeration is not required, so energy costs are low.
- Foaming is virtually eliminated because nocardia bacteria, the typical cause of digester foaming, is destroyed in the thermophilic stage.