Colorado School of Mines studies reveal the Aqua-Aerobic® MBR system to be highly efficient for onsite, nonpotable reuse, or direct discharge to a stream in decentralized wastewater treatment applications. It treats 5,000 to 50,000 gallons/day. Advantages include enhanced BNR, low energy consumption, reuse quality effluent, and small footprint. Learn more.
The Case For Inspecting Fire Hydrants By Mueller Co.
Fire hydrants exist to protect life and property from the perils of fire. Certainly, they have other uses, but their roll in protecting us day in and day out is acknowledged to be their primary purpose. So, why is it that the proper repair and maintenance of something this important to every one of us can be so easily overlooked?
Seeking Solutions To Water Scarcity Issues: WRT Helps Reactivate Dormant Wells By WRT — Water Remediation Technology, LLC
Nearly 85% to 90% of Lawrenceville, Georgia's water supply comes from Lake Lanier, with the remaining 10% to 15% supplied by 11 wells — four of which were taken out of service over the last five years. To reduce the city's dependence on the lake, and to also ensure residents would continue to have a sufficient supply of safe drinking water, officials needed to identify a solution that would allow them to reactivate the city's dormant wells.
Overcoming Water Scarcity Challenges On Providenciales Island By Richard Embry and Christopher Little
The residents and industries of Providenciales Island are completely dependent on fresh water produced by a single desalination plant. In 2007, ITT Flowtronex was hired to replace the plant's overworked pumping system and add a booster pumping station to the distribution system. One of the challenges they faced in designing controls for the system was how to maintain the public water supply while the island's undersized groundwater storage tanks were removed and replaced with a large single tank in the same location.
TETRA Biological Treatment Used Successfully At Jiashan City, China By Severn Trent Services
Increasingly publicized in recent years, China's emergence as a notable player in the world economy has come at a significant environmental cost. The country's rapid industrialization has resulted in increased pollution, particularly to its water system.
Water Quality Management Using Cloud Computing By Locus Technologies
One of industry's most vexing impediments in responding to environmental problems has been difficulties in properly centralizing and managing captured water quality data. A different approach from the heretofore standard (and now outdated) "consultant-centric," spreadsheet-based environmental information management system — with its typical project delays and increased costs — is now essential.
Join the water community for ACE10 in Chicago, June 20 to 24. See the innovations of more than 500 exhibiting companies, meet your peers and network, and benefit from the knowledge of more than 1,000 water industry experts who will be speaking and presenting at ACE10 – The World's Water Event. Learn more.
As ever-tightening water regulations continue to challenge the limits of conventional filtration methods, municipalities look to innovative technologies to ensure the highest quality drinking water for their communities. Compared to most conventional technologies, Memcor membranes offer significant performance and cost advantages to ensure safe, reliable water, day after day.
Reverse osmosis (RO) membrane filters are an effective means of producing potable water from seawater. However, RO membranes are intended for removing only salt and dissolved ions. Seawaters also can contain any or all of a number of contaminants — color, organics, soluble metals, oil, algae — that can foul the membranes, affecting effluent water quality, and even damaging the membranes and causing them to fail. Leopold desalination pretreatment systems can significantly reduce these contaminants before they reach your RO membranes.