Revolutionizing water treatment: generating chemistry on site, on demand
MIOX designs and manufactures systems that provide on-demand disinfection chemistry, eliminating the need to transport hazardous chemicals and reducing carbon footprint. MIOX systems are used in multiple applications through a wide range of products, cost-effectively producing disinfection chemistry from 0.5 to 2,000 pounds per day FAC (free available chlorine). With this flexibility, the applications range from large industrial cooling towers and water and wastewater treatment plants to smaller swimming pool and clean-in-place applications.
A culture of innovation
MIOX technology was developed decades ago under a government contract to create a portable water disinfection unit for use in any remote location that could achieve purification standards of Type II, highly contaminated water as defined by EPA. The result? MIOX mixed oxidant solution.
Over the years, our world-class scientific team has worked with numerous agencies, including the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the World Health Organization (WHO) and other internationally-recognized scientific institutions and universities.
Individual treatment for individual needs
We know all treatment needs are not alike. For standard disinfection needs, we offer a state-of-the-art on-site hypochlorite generator engineered with superior salt and energy efficiencies. For more advanced treatment needs, MIOX mixed oxidant solutions offers all the disinfection power of hypochlorite with additional treatment benefits including biofilm removal, disinfection by-product (DBP) reduction, improved taste and odor, and improved water clarification processes. With mixed oxidant technology, you'll maintain more persistent and consistent chlorine residuals with lower doses.
People are talking
MIOX received the prestigious President's "E" Award for Excellence in Exporting, the Popular Science Best of What's New Grand Award for Innovation, and is a GoingGreen Top 100 company. And Motley Fool reported that "…MIOX isn't just a company to invest in; it's one to root for."
But don’t just take our word for it, read what our customers have to say.
- The BusinessMakers Show: Craig Beckman from MIOX Corporation WATCH IT
- Helping In Haiti: MIOX & Operation Blessing WATCH IT
- MIOX Flowback Water Disinfection For Recycle WATCH IT
- MIOX On-Site Disinfection Systems In The Ukrainian City of Kolomyia WATCH IT
- MIOX Testimonial: Wiesner Water Treatment Plan, Bogota, Colombia WATCH IT
- Joining efforts: improving water, improving life. MIOX and FEMSA Foundation WATCH IT
- Carlos Perea Interviewed by Fortune Magazine WATCH IT
- Mixed Oxidants Show Significant Biofilm Removal in Distribution Line WATCH IT
- National Geographic Highlights MIOX Technology for the U.S. Military WATCH IT
- Brief Intro To On-Demand Disinfection Chemistry WATCH IT
- MIOX for Small-Scale Disinfection
- MIOX for Drinking Water
- MIOX in Cooling Towers
- MIOX for Cooling Towers
- MIOX and the Beverage Industry
- MIOX in Wastewater Applications
- MIOX and the Hospitality Industry
- MIOX Water Purification Systems for Developing Countries
- MIOX and the Power Generation Industry
KEY CASE STUDIES
- Biofilm Reduction Boosts Power Output At A Cost 50% Lower Than Bulk Hypo
- University Hospital, Cooling Towers
- MIOX Installation Profiles
- Northern Indiana Power, NIPSCO Cooling Tower
- Hyatt Tamaya, Aquatics
- West Columbia, SC, Municipal Drinking Water
- Crossville, TN, Municipal Drinking Water
- Conservation Through Water Reuse: Experiences From The Santa Ana Pueblo
- Rugged Realities In Honduras, Developing Countries
- Mixed Oxidant Technology Treats Water in Rwanda, Developing Countries
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- MIOX Corporate Overview
- Who is MIOX®?
- Overview - On-Site Generation of Disinfectants
- What is a Mixed Oxidant?
- Poster Presentation to American Chemical Society, August 2011: Metal Corrosion by Dilute Aqueous Chlorine Solutions
- Report: Dynamic Corrosion Study
- View Poster Presentation to American Chemical Society, August 2011: Synergistic Inactivation of Bacillus globigii Spores Using Combined Aqueous Chlorine and Ultraviolet Light
- Biofilm and Algae Removal
- MIOX is On-Site Generation Technology
- AOP: Removing Organic Contaminants